Today we went over the syllabus and did impersonations.
- choose a person you wish to impersonate who does not attend this school
- write down what makes them an individual
- decide why this person is different that you. Do they speak differently? Do they walk differently? What is their personality like?
- Write a paragraph of dialogue (words only), and skip lines, of this person introducing you to people you have never met before.
- Write the subtext under the dialogue of what the person means when they are saying the words, how they say them, and what they do with their body when they are saying them. Be sure to write these “instructions” under the part of the dialogue they belong to.
- Practice in small groups! Turn in your work!