Index card with your personal memoir on it
6-Word Memoir (An evidence-based narrative)
Like Ernest Hemingway, you have the challenge of writing your 6-word memoir. If today were the last day of life, and you could only tell your life’s story in 6 words, what would you say? Or if you could only impart one piece of wisdom to the world, what would you say?
1. Choose your six-word memoir
Example: Certain all hope was lost. Survived!
2. Write a narrative piece describing the story behind your six word memoir. By the end of the narrative, I should know what led you to want to impart this piece of wisdom on the world.
3. Use your six words as the title to your narrative. Is your heading on your story?
4. Find a picture of yourself, draw, cut out from magazines, or select an image to represent your memoir, and paste on a notecard that I will provide for you.
5. Paste your memoir and name on top of the picture in an appropriate location.
6. Turn in your 6-word memoir in tomorrow at the end of class, and be ready to share your choice.
Examples of a six word memoir at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW8hOX6QcLk