Your Brain on Improv! a Ted Talk:
Sentence Response Improv Game
- Get in a circle (move desks if you must…remain standing)
- I will give you a sentence on a paper. You should walk to another student ACROSS the circle, say the sentence, and that student will respond with whatever comes into their heads first
- I will then give the responding student a new sentence, and repeat.
- This game should be FAST PACED!!!
Remember the two questions:
- How do I do this? Just do it!
- Am I doing this right? Yes!
NOW come up with sentences on your own so that both participants in the exercise are now improvising