HOMEWORK: Read through page 130
Read “Dover Beach.” Why does the poem bring the women to tears? What is “Dover Beach” saying, and what key words/phrases give that meaning?
- How has Beatty given Montag hints that he is under suspicion?
- Who must have brought the books back to the garden?
- Who turned in an alarm against Montag?
- What happened to Montag’s green bullet?
- Why did Montag burn Beatty’s body?
- What is Montag’s plan?
- How much money did Montag give Faber?
- How many scents can the mechanical hound remember?
- Why did Montag want Faber to turn on the air conditioning and sprinklers?
- Interpret, “Twenty-million Montag’s running, soon, if the cameras caught him.”
- Who died in Montag’s place?
- Why did the search for Montag veer inland?
- What did Granger mean by, “Welcome back from the dead?”
- When Granger and other likeminded people are stopped by authorities, why isn’t any incriminating evidence found?
- What does Granger mean when he says, “You’re not important. You’re not anything.”
- Discuss the implications of the events in the last 4 to 5 pages.