Read the above article to answer the following questions, and turn in on Google Classroom:
Before I Read:
- Based on the title, I thought the piece of writing was about….
- Some things I already know about this topic are….
- My purpose for reading this article was….
- After I skimmed the article, some strategies I decided to use when I read it were….
While I Read:
- The unfamiliar words/terms I encountered are listed below along with what I think each word meant in the article.
- The main idea(s) of the article are listed below.
- Vital details and facts I found to support these main ideas were….
- Opinions that were used in the article included….
- Ways that facts and opinions were used to support an idea or argument were….
- Inferences made in the article included….
- The tone of this piece of writing suggested….
After I Read:
- I had the following thoughts/reflections about the piece of writing….
- I could summarize this piece of writing by saying….
- The questions I had about this topic after reading this piece of writing were….