When you were a child, was there a neighbor, family member, or place that scared you? Describe that person/place as you remember them.
What is the problem? What would you do? As a group, work out a strategy to find a solution to the problem.
1. Your friend has been suspended from school for something she/he did not do.
2. A teacher is unfairly treating your friend because of his/her race.
3. You are a shopkeeper. You have had problems with teenagers stealing so you won’t let more than two teenagers into the store at the same time.
4. You feel that classmates are constantly picking on and bullying you.
5. You copied the answers on a test and received a good mark, while your friend who also cheated was caught and given a zero.
6. You are not given the correct change in a store. Even after asking the clerk to check, you do not get the correct change.
7. Even though your teacher explains why you received a poor mark on your
essay, you still do not understand why. The teacher doesn’t have the time or
desire to explain it to you again.
8. You know that you are supposed to help at home, but you don’t want to. Your mom gets on your case in a big way.
Copy the Clarify portion of the chart from two days previous in journal. Watch “La Luna: and determine the hidden meaning in the video. Write a create, fortify, and clarify based on the video.
Finish reading Book 9.
Review create, fortify, clarify by giving 5 quiet minutes to review notes, then 2 minutes to share with neighbors. Call on random students to explain the different parts.
Practice evidence paragraphs (create, fotify, clarify) with the hidden message in the video above. Share with class.
Read Book 10 with entire class.
Open to page 926.
In groups of THREE OR FOUR, or by yourself, answer questions 1, 2, 3, 4, and the BEIGE SIDEBAR in complete sentences.
One paper per group.
Once done with the questions, draw the Hero’s Journey clock in your notebooks. One clock PER PERSON. Identify one character, who is NOT Odysseus, who fulfills some of the hero’s journey elements. Write down which parts of the clock they fulfill and what EVIDENTIARY QUOTE (FORTIFY) you can use to support this claim.