Write down the following reading comprehension questions before we begin to read Book 9 of The Odyssey.
- How does Odysseus introduce himself to the Phaeacians?
- Describe how Odysseus rescued his men from the Lotus Eaters.
- What kind of social life do the Cyclopes have?
- Why did Odysseus ignore the crew’s suggestion?
- What will be Polyphemus’s gift to Odysseus?
- Explain why Polyphemus’s brothers did not help him.
- What was Odysseus reasoning as he called out to Polyphemus that he, Odysseus,was the one who put out his eye?
- Why did Aeolus let the West Wind out?
- Why did the ships go back to Aeolia?
Begin reading on page The Odyssey on page 185.