Work on Scripts. DUE TUESDAY AT THE BEGINNING OF CLASS.
Read/Act Out Act 3 Scenes 2 and 3
Antony’s famous speech:
How many times to the words “honorable” and “ambition/ambitious?” Why is this? What is Antony trying to accomplish?
Work on debate topics, preparing all questions for Monday.
TKAM 31 Question Quiz for Chapters 11-14
– use figurative language to represent objects, actions, and ideas in such a way that it appeals to our physical senses
-use particular words to create visual representation of ideas in our minds
-the word “imagery” is associated with mental pictures.
Write notes to each other on the poem I hand out discussing:
- What message is the artist trying to convey with the work?
- Which details in the work illustrate the artist’s message?
- How does this poem increase your knowledge or understanding of the time period?
- You will use this information to write me a one -page critique on the poem, addressing all of the questions above, so use your time wisely.
Poem to be handed out: Caged Bird by Maya Angelou
Read Chapter 14 (students did not do reading last night, so they can read 12 and 13, then 14 for homework).
Come up with creative chapter title for 14.
Quiz tomorrow on 12-14
Begin Maya Angelou
What are some of the key issues that need to be addressed at this school?
What do you feel are rules or topics that need to be discussed further at this school?
What rules really bother you at this school?
Discuss. Narrow down. Choose top three.
Separate class into three groups, based on what interests them. Each large group should have four mini groups.
Each of the mini groups represent a different entity in the school (students, teachers, principals, ASB) and they will represent their interests for whatever issue they have chosen.
Prepare 3 arguments for each small group to help he position.
Present on Monday.
Time to start writing your screenplay.
Last week you started your slug line and a block of information about your play. Now it is time to get started. Follow the attached sheet for parameters.
Read chapters 12-13 – FINISH FOR HOMEWORK
- Jem is now 12. There is a widening gap of understanding between Scout and Jem. Find and describe/list 2 or 3 examples which illustrate the emotional distance between them and include page numbers.
- Why wasn’t Dill able to come to Maycomb this summer?
- How do you explain Lula’s antagonism toward Jem and Scout?
- Scout finds the church service to be similar to her own except for a few differences. Explain what these are.
- Why does Cal speak one way around colored people and another way around white people? Is she being honest or hypocritical in what she does? Explain.
- Why does Aunt Alexandra come to stay with Atticus and his family?
- Read the first 2 statements of Alexandra’s when she comes to the Finch house. Are these typical of her or not?
- Why does Aunt Alexandra fit in so well in Maycomb County?
- Compare and Contrast Aunt Alexandra and Atticus on the following: involvement in Maycomb County, views on family and breeding, views on childrearing
- Discuss Cousin Joshua Finch as: Atticus describes him and as Aunt Alexandra describes him. Explain the difference in opinion.
Act 2, Scene 4
Act 3, Scene 1
Reading comprehension questions – if not completed, finish for homework
Act 3 Scene 1
1. Why does Caesar not read Artemidorus’ letter?
10. What are Antony’s intentions as the scene ends?