– use figurative language to represent objects, actions, and ideas in such a way that it appeals to our physical senses
-use particular words to create visual representation of ideas in our minds
-the word “imagery” is associated with mental pictures.
Write notes to each other on the poem I hand out discussing:
- What message is the artist trying to convey with the work?
- Which details in the work illustrate the artist’s message?
- How does this poem increase your knowledge or understanding of the time period?
- You will use this information to write me a one -page critique on the poem, addressing all of the questions above, so use your time wisely.
Poem to be handed out: Caged Bird by Maya Angelou