MAKE A CORNELL NOTE PAGE
EQ: What are the strategies you can use to create a hook for your introduction paragraphs?
Go over all hook options, while students take notes.
Begin reading chapter 15
Maya Angelou Jigsaw Maya Angelou intro lesson
Finish Chapter 15
Read 16 for Homework and Answer Questions
1. Atticus is in disagreement with Aunt Alexandra over many things. Discuss at least two matters of disagreement and each one’s position or point of view.
2. Paraphrase how Atticus explains the mob’s actions to Scout.
3. Why do you suppose a man like Mr. Underwood (who is a known hater of “Negroes”) was covering Atticus at the jail?
4. Mr. Dolphus Raymond is evidently a complicated and interesting person. Describe his way of life and comment on its effect upon the town.
5. Judge Taylor’s appearance and his ability are two different things. Why do you think this difference exists? Does he appear as he does on purpose?