STUDY GUIDE FOR FINAL
All types of irony (3)
GET OUT A PIECE OF PAPER
Write your name on it
Heading: Quiz Chapters 12-13
Number your paper 1 – 15. Do not skip lines.
Chapters 14-15 for homework
Read chapter 16 after 14-15 Quiz
1. Atticus disagrees with Aunt Alexandra over many things. Discuss at least two matters of disagreement and each one’s position or point of view.
2. Paraphrase how Atticus explains the mob’s actions to Scout.
3. Why do you suppose a man like Mr. Underwood (who is a known hater of “Negroes”) was covering Atticus at the jail?
4. Mr. Dolphus Raymond is evidently a complicated and interesting person. Describe his way of life and comment on its effect upon the town.
5. Judge Taylor’s appearance and his ability are two different things. Why do you think this difference exists? Does he appear as he does on purpose?
- Close reading http://www.drwendyjames.com/the-psychology-of-mob-mentality-and-violence/
- Re-read page 200 passage
- Mob mentality conversation