Read and learn about Al Capone. Discuss the weight of law and what that actually means.
Review court house roles. Show how they are used in mock trial.
Review criminal trial structure.
Expose students to time sheet and have them staple it in their notebook.
Get books from library.
Go over case brief.
- In three or less sentences summarize the case.
- What is the prosecution’s/victim’s (government’s) main argument that the defendant is guilty?
- What is the defendant’s/alleged murderer’s argument that he is innocent?
- What facts do you believe? Why?
- What facts DON’T you believe? Why?