- Read silently pages 114-124
- On the same page number of your “Reader Response,” please reflect silently on what you just read
Questions to Guide You (if you need it)
- What are your impressions of Lakshmi after reading this section?
- Do you have a prediction as to what Lakshmi will do next?
- What do you want her to do next?
- Anything else you may want to say or reflect on regarding the reading
- When done with the reading and the Reader Response get YOUR computer
- Go to com and complete the “Verbs Assignment”
Passive voice verb:
Example: Monkeys adore bananas
The subject performs the action
Active voice verb:
Bananas are adored by monkeys
The subject is acted on by the verb
Students are to use the “Vocabulary Comics” instructions to complete the assignment. I have printed enough copies of the instructions to have one instruction sheet per table group (plus some extras, in case they go missing). Please collect the instructions at the end of class and redistribute to the next class; repeat.
Alternatively, each student will be given their own blank comic frame and asked to write and draw directly on it. Presentation and neatness count, as always. Please have them write their names on the back. If they want to make their own comic frame and not use mine, they are welcome to do so. Only tell them this if they ask. Comic frames are due at the end of class.